When you check the view count of your TikTok videos, you might be wondering if anyone has seen any on their scroll. Since many people find new videos through TikTok’s “For You” page, getting your TikTok video means a huge increase in views and likes. Fortunately, it’s not too hard to tell if your video is on the TikTok For You page, so here’s what to do to check.
Whether you know how to customize your TikTok For You (FYP) page or not, you’ll have to look elsewhere to see if your videos have been featured in other people’s feeds. Since you can’t see your videos on your FYP, you’ll need to do a little extra footwork to see if anyone else has seen your TikToks there. If you suddenly notice that one of your videos has a huge spike in likes or views, it could possibly have been featured on someone’s FYP, but you have no way of knowing unless to follow a few steps.
How to tell if your video is on the TikTok FYP:
First of all, you can’t see a lot of your TikTok analytics when you have a regular account. Unfortunately, that also means you won’t be able to see if your video has appeared on someone’s FYP.
You will need to switch to a TikTok Pro account to view the data. Fortunately, it’s free and it doesn’t take a lot of work. To change, follow these steps:
- Head over to your profile and tap the three dots in the top right corner of the page to access settings.
- From there, tap “Manage Account” in the “Account” section.
- Then you will see “Switch to Pro Account” under the “Account Control” heading. Tap on it.
- After selecting it, you will need to choose the type of Pro account you want – Creator or Business. Tap “Creator”.
- Then choose a category that best describes your TikTok account, such as art, entertainment, music / dancing, or food / cooking. Then follow the next prompt and when you are ready press “Done.”
Now you will officially have a Pro account. When you change for the first time, you’ll see a welcome window, which gives you the option to view your new Analytics page. You can either tap it or go to the Analytics page later.
To access Analytics in your app, you need to go to Settings & Privacy> Authoring Tools> Analytics.
From the Analytics page, here’s how to check if your video appeared on TikTok’s FYP:
- Look at the three tabs at the top. Tap the middle tab that says “Content.”
- Find the video you are interested in and tap to select it.
- Then you will see a page with a breakdown of total viewing time, average viewing time, etc. Next, look at the information under “Types of Traffic Sources,” which will tell you if your video appeared on someone’s FYP. It’s broken down by percentage of views and how those viewers found your video. For example, your post traffic may reveal that 50% of viewers saw it on their FYP. If you want to know how many people in total, check to see the total number of views and do the math. For example, a TikTok with 90,000 views, with 50% of the traffic coming from FYP, means 45,000 viewers saw your video there.
Once you’ve upgraded to a free Pro account and know how to tell if your video is on the TikTok For You page, you can create more awesome videos and see how they perform.