Hey everyone! 🙂 happy Thursday!! one more day till the weekend!! it’s weird..when i used to work full weekends, i used to just not care about it being mid-week. Now that I get 2 days off in a row and one day being a Saturday..i’m all looking forward to it now! 😀 hahaah
Here is this week’s bag…this is for Debbie and Lee. 🙂
Look at the holligram 🙂 isn’t it cute? Charmy Kitty! Who knows how she is related to Hello Kitty? distant cousin maybe? who knows. 😀 This is a cute bag I picked up in Chinatown one day when picking up groceries. heheeh. super cute and it’s purple. wheee!!
So I’ve got some FO’s this week to show off! 🙂
I made a hat for someone new in my life. I loved how it turned out I turned around and made one for myself as well. 😀 tee heee
Project: A Hat Fit for Boyfriend
Yarn: Berroco Comfort DK
Amount Used: 0.75 skeins
Color: Navy Blue (2763) and Beet Root (2760)
Needle Size: US 3
Date Started: Aug 19, 2009 & Aug 21, 2009
Date Finished: Aug 20, 2009 & Aug 26, 2009
I love this hat. LOVE IT. i’ve made a few of these and yeah…the ribbing is a bit boring, but the decreases make it exciting at the end. hahaahaha!! I love how it came out in the DK yarn. I think I’ve been converted. to adjust the pattern b/c of the needle size difference and yarn weight…i just cast on 120 sts and followed the pattern as written. I actually knit the straight part to 7″ rather than the 5.5″. I figured I had to b/c the decreases take less than an inch so I had to account for that.
So last week i wrote that I finished that beret. I washed it and didn’t block it properly. I screwed up and stretched it out a bit. GRRRRR. but it’s alright I guess. It doesn’t fit my head right. GRRRRR.
I’m still very unhappy w/ the colorway interfering w/ the lace pattern. sigh. Will learn for next time. it was a fun hat to do though. MARKERS ARE YOUR FRIENDS!!
I started a prayer shawl for someone I know that is going thru chemo right now. She might not need the prayer shawl, but I”m making it for her just in case she ends up needing it. 🙂
I’ve already screwed up on this a few times and had some issues w/ needle size b/c i picked a yarn weight that doesn’t match what the pattern calls for. I had to do like 4 gauge swatches before I settled on a needle size. then I did 1.5 repeats of the pattern before I realized something was wrong. I decided i hate hate hate patterns that are written out stitch by stitch. so i charted it. yeah….i charted it a bit incorrectly. DOH!! So i ripped it all out, cast on less stitches than my original adjustment and i’m doing ok so far. 🙂 (Crossing fingers)
I think that’s it for now. 🙂 Have a great weekend everyone! I’m going to see DM this weekend! Hopefully I won’t melt at the concert! 🙂